1. The 80/20 rule: When running social media for a business, 80% of your posts should be about entertaining or helping your audience, and only 20% should be outright ads and promotions for your business.
2. People like posts with practical value.
3. Remarkability = social currency: your posts need a remarkability factor to stand out and be noticed by your audience. So get weird!
4. Twitter is the top social media platform for brands.
5. People respond to emotion.
6. You can use social media as your portfolio.
7. Social media content for brands needs to be public. Use hashtags, paid promoting, and organic shares to gain more social media visibility.
8. Twitter has this wonderful thing called analytics.twitter.com. Use it! Scientific data to help you use social media better.
9. You can schedule social media posts using certain websites. This is particularly helpful for big companies trying to post frequently on multiple platforms.
10. PEOPLE LOVE GIFS.