Here are some key thoughts that I have compiled from my time in my social media communication class.
1.Everything posted will come back to you.
Don’t take social media advice from this guy.
2. Social Media can have global impacts.
Like the #bringbackourgirls campaign concerning the children kidnapped from Nigerian terrorist group Boko Haram
3. PR is a holistic approach.
4. It’s important to market without selling.
Don’t be Rex.
5. Listening isn’t just for relationships.
Listening to client’s wants or your publics actions are crucial to your social media approach.
6. Social media policies differ from every company, but one is the same. Be respectful.
7. As a PR professional, it’s crucial to establish credibility in the communications field.
Whether it’s Pretzel Day or not, Stanley knows credibility is key.
8. Working with others in a group requires even more communication then the message your putting out for your client.
9. Bloggers are so helpful to your brand.
Even if they may be a little confident in their content.
10. Social media rules or etiquette aren’t set in stone
They are constantly evolving like Charmander into Charmeleon in the Pokemon episode “March of the Exeggutor Squad.” Was this .gif too much? Probably.
By Kenny Acevedo